Tuesday 9 February 2010

Jan 2006 Beijing - Decision Time

3.5 months into my stay here: Where's the reggae? Oh my God. My Chinese manager insisted I was wrong when I called Beijing a desert... but what would she know! Well, not a desert perhaps... but there are similarities. Hilarious - I wonder who understands me or doesn't think I’m a fool. How different it is here - the concrete scenery, the people, the society!!! And then there's the fact I don't know the language - ha ha...out of your comfort zone and into China's capital. This place is moving...

Then again, China is sterile. In most ways this place is still in a consistent state of "I’m too scared to take the risk of being real." It cements the system. How can so many people compromise in so many ways? I can appreciate the tolerance factor, but I reject the principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment